Special Event Services
Classroom Technologies can provide delivery, setup, and removal of CT equipment for on-campus departments and colleges.
Please review the setup policies before contacting us or before submitting a request form. Contact CT to schedule a setup as soon as possible to ensure equipment availability. We'll be happy to assist you in determining what equipment you'll need.
- Payment information is required to schedule a special event setup.
- Call 756-6765 if you have questions
Fees for this special event services vary according to equipment, location, and setup complexity. Technical support is also available for a fee, see Setup Rates for more information.
University Conference Rooms
Need a conference room? There are three conference rooms which can be scheduled in Office 365 on a first-come, first-served basis: 10-241 and 47-24B. For more information, please contact University Scheduling.
- All equipment setup requests are subject to equipment and staff support availability.
- Equipment setup availability: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (excluding Holidays, Evenings, and Weekends.)
- Equipment setup and delivery can only be requested by faculty and staff.
- Equipment setup and delivery are provided for on-campus events only.
- Setup and delivery services are not available for ASI, Continuing Education, Cal Poly Corporation or student events.
- There is a minimum $100 charge for this setup and delivery service.
- Technical support labor $100 per hour.
- All setup orders must be placed at least 7 working days before event. Large scale and/or technically complex setups may require additional advance notice. Call 756-6765 for more information.
- Cancelations can be made up to 24 hours before the event scheduled start time. Cancelations made less than 24 hours in advance may be subject to delivery charges.
- CT is not responsible for providing assistance with any computer or software not owned or managed by CT. If problems arise, users will be directed to technical support staff within their own department.
- Payment for this service can only be charged to a campus PeopleSoft account string. The account number is required to schedule an event.
- CT will deliver, setup and test requested CT equipment.
- CT will work with department representative or presenter to assure that equipment is operational and placed in the correct location.
- CT will obtain the signature of department representative or presenter acknowledging delivery of equipment and setup charges.
- CT will pack up the equipment and return it to CT.
- CT is not responsible for equipment performance if CT does set up the equipment or it there is no department representative or presenter at the event prior to the start of the event.
- The department representative or presenter will be required to be at the site of the set up 15-30 min prior to the start of the event depending on the technical complexity of the setup.
- The department is responsible for the security of the equipment for the duration of the event. The department must notify CT (805.756.7198) if the event ends early and equipment is ready for pick up prior to the pre-arranged pick up time.
- The department is responsible for the performance of the equipment if non-CT equipment is used or if the CT equipment is moved or modified.
Cancelations can be made up to 24 hours before the event scheduled start time. Cancelations made with less than 24 hours notice may be subject to delivery charges.